(Is the tool compatible with various operating systems, browsers and their versions?)
- One can run testcases on Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari (On Windows), Opera and Ghost browser and its versions.
- One can run testcases on Windows, Linux operating systems and its versions.
(Is Skilled Resource required to write complex code for automation?)
- Automation is possible from testcases in Excel itself hence coding is not required.
- Anyone including management, business analyst, manual testers can use the tool.
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) is possible for Agile teams as it will improve quality and release faster.
- Automation can be done by anyone hence dependency on skilled resources is not there.
(Does requirements or UI change often? Can test automation keep pace with changing requirements?)
- One can write testcases in a Spreadsheet in parallel to coding and run those testcases in automated way.
- Even if requirements changes, testers need to only change testcases and automation is taken care.
- Testcases are much easy to maintain with respect to code. Tool is based on keywords hence its easy to write testcases.
- Tool can run testcases in automated way with build process itself over night
(Is license cost high? Does it need expensive skills? Does it need specific trainings or has a learning curve?)
- We have professional edition which is good enough for basic websites or forms or pages and for large web applications, license cost is very low and almost 10-25% as compared to other tools in the market.
- It does not require specific skills hence cost of automation comes down heavily.
- It takes only 2 hours to understand TestOptimizer and write testcases in specific format which tool can understand.
- You may learn about pricing here